Special Olympics Return to activity Protocol and Guidance requires that all State Games attendees show proof of full vaccination.
To further ensure the health and safety of everyone who attends Games:
- All participants must wear a mask, with the exception of athletes who are competing or eating/drinking.
- All athletes, coaches and volunteers must be vaccinated.
- Coaches/Bus Captains will perform a Symptoms Surveillance Check prior to travel.
- Isolation areas will be established at each venue and hotel, should a participant exhibit signs of COVID-19 during the event.
- Safety Squad volunteers will carry out disinfectant protocols throughout the event.
Unvaccinated status may result in further event and participation limitations, in accordance with local guidance. For additional information about our return to activities, we encourage you to review the Return to Activity Protocol and the High Risk Fact Sheet.